Australian Fitness Academy Pty Ltd (AFA), operating as Australian Fitness Academy and Australian Fitness Academy Asia, is a Registered Training Organisation that provides fitness education courses globally.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how AFA uses the personal data we collect from you when you express interest in our services or use our website, learner management system (LMS) and mobile app.
AFA will process (collect, store and use) your data in a manner that adheres to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data depends on the type of data we are processing, however we will normally collect and use personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- Consent – you have given consent to the processing of your data for one or more specific purposes (Article 6.1(a), GDPR).
- Contract – processing your data is necessary to perform a contract with you when you request to engage in our services (Article 6.1(b), GDPR).
- Compliance – processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation or with the standards required for Registered Training Organisations (Article 6.1(c), GDPR).
- Legitimate Interests – processing is in our legitimate interest, except in circumstances when overridden by your data protection interests, fundamental rights and freedom. (Article 6.1(f), GDPR).
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
AFA collects the following personal information:
- Contact information such as name, address, email and phone number
- Information required for compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations, such as prior education and workforce status, when enrolling in a qualification that is part of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Financial information such as credit card details required for purchasing our services
AFA collects the following non-personally identifying information:
- Activity tracking; such as the timing, duration and frequency you visit our platforms, your IP address and the type of browser, device and operating system you use (via Google Analytics).
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
AFA does not collect any personally identifying information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us. We collect and process data when you:
- Register your interest in our services via email, phone call, through our website or via social media.
- Complete the details on our enrolment form and submit the form to us
- Provide your details via phone, email or LMS personal message when requesting student support services
- Agree to allow us to track your cookies when you view our website, LMS, mobile app and social media platforms.
AFA may also receive your personal data indirectly from the following sources:
- External course listing services
- Google Analytics
- Digital marketing agencies
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
Your personal contact details are collected so AFA can:
- Communicate with you about our services and promotions
- Provide student support during and after your study period
- Provide governing education bodies with data relating to your enrolment in a qualification that is part of the Australian Qualifications Framework as required for compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations.
- Process fee payments relating to the services you are purchasing
We will retain and evaluate information on your visits to our website, LMS and mobile app, including how you navigate around these platforms. We will use this information:
- For analytics purposes, to understand how people use our platforms and to make them more intuitive
- As evidence of your participation and active enrolment in a qualification
- To determine the frequency that resources and learning materials within a course are utilised and use that information to develop course resource improvements
- To target specific markets for promotional purposes
For individuals outside Australia, your personal data may be processed outside the country where you live. Regardless of where AFA collects, processes and stores your data, it will be done in accordance with the policies outlined in this Privacy Notice.
AFA will not supply your personal information to any other third party without your prior consent, unless required by law.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
AFA securely stores your personal data on a web-based client relationship management system (CRM), student management system (SMS), and LMS, all of which are password protected.
AFA does not store any of your personal financial data. Financial information such as credit card details are encrypted and collected for payment purposes only.
Analytical information relating to your interaction with our website, mobile app and LMS is securely stored on our LMS or our password-protected Google Analytic account.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, a minimum time we are required to keep your information to comply with our contractual obligations as a Registered Training Organisation). Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data in accordance with the procedure outlined in our record-keeping policy.
AFA would like to send you information about our course offers that we think may be of interest to you. If you have agreed to receive marketing from us, you have the right to opt-out of AFA contacting you for marketing purposes at any time.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe via the link in the emails you receive from us, or contact us directly on [email protected] outlining your request to unsubscribe from any marketing communication.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
As the data subject, you are entitled to the following:
The right to access: You have the right to request AFA for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that AFA corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request AFA to complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure: You have the right to request that AFA erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to object to AFA processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that AFA transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to object: You have the right to object to AFA processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
The right to object to automated processing, including profiling: You have the right to request that you are not subject to a decision based solely on automated processing or profiling or be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
To exercise any of these rights, please make a request by contacting AFA via email [email protected]. Once a request is received, AFA will respond within one month.
- To recognise you and remember your previously selected preferences such as login details and personalised course set up
- To understand how you use our platforms (eg. information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, the browser and device you use and your IP address).
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGE TO THE POLICIES CONTAINED WITHIN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
AFA regularly reviews policies and procedures relating to the privacy of our users. Modifications may be made from time to time to address new issues and reflect changes to our practices. Any updates or changes are amended and communicated via this notice and recorded via version control. The current version of this policy is: Version 1.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the information in this Privacy Notice or the data we hold on you, please contact us via the following avenues:
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Steve Hore (Managing Director)
Australian Fitness Academy
701 Glenhuntly Rd, Caulfield
Victoria, Australia 3162
HOW TO CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY
Should you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel AFA has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the national Data Protection Authority (DPA) in your country.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Level 3, 175 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
For individuals within the European Economic Area (EEA), please visit https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en to find your local authority.