Prior to enrolment in the qualification, you are required to complete a ‘pre-training review’ to ensure you have the capability to complete the course. The pre-training review will assess your comprehension and understanding of English and your IT capability.
The course is arranged to enable you to complete it in a 6-month timeframe. However, if needed, you have up to 12 months to complete the qualification (there are no minimum timeframes). If the qualification has not been completed at the end of the 12 months you can apply to re-enrol. Please note, re-enrolment fees will apply.
AFA Asia will provide you with unlimited support to assist you to complete the qualification in the 12-month timeframe.
On completion of the qualification, you will be issued with the Certificate in Personal Training. At this point, you will have the skills and knowledge to be able to work as a Personal Trainer. It is recommended you also complete a First Aid qualification and check whether your country has registration, accreditation and insurance requirements for personal trainers.
Payment terms and conditions (amounts in $USD)
The course fee is $1350 USD when paid in full upon enrolment or $1500 USD when paid via the payment plan. The payment plan enables you to pay the course fees in 2 instalments as follows:
- $750 USD on enrolment
- $750 USD paid two months after commencement
The qualification will only be issued if the course fees have been paid in full.
Additional fees will be incurred under the following conditions:
- If the qualification is not completed in the 12-month timeframes the student can apply to re-enrol.
- If the student fails the final assessment on two occasions, there is a $100 USD fee to be assessed again.
- Should the final assessment not be successfully completed after the third attempt the student will need to re-enrol and will be charged the full course fee.
Refunds & withdrawals including deferment
There is a 28-day cooling-off period from the start date of the course. If you decide you no longer wish to complete the qualification you can apply to withdraw. If you apply within the 28-day cooling-off period you will be refunded the fee paid less a $200 USD administration fee.
There are no refunds after the 28-day cooling-off period.
Students who do not complete the qualification after the 12-month timeframe will be recorded as ‘fail’ and will be withdrawn from the course.
Students are unable to defer their course or transfer their enrolment to another person.
Integrity of assessment including plagiarism and cheating
AFA – Asia is committed to upholding standards of academic integrity and honesty. Plagiarism and cheating in any form is unacceptable and will be acted upon appropriately. Gaining or attempting to gain an accredited qualification through plagiarism, cheating or fraud is an extremely serious action and is considered as a crime.
Plagiarism: To take the ideas or comments of another person and present them as one’s own without providing appropriate acknowledgement. This includes material from any source, staff, students or the internet.
Cheating: To seek to obtain an unfair advantage in written or practical work required to be submitted or completed for assessment.
AFA – Asia staff and students both have a duty to ensure all students gain the necessary academic understanding to prevent incidents of plagiarism and cheating.
If an incidence of plagiarism or cheating is detected and the student is unable to provide a satisfactory explanation to the similarities between the student’s work and the original source document, the student may be withdrawn from the qualification and prevented from re-enrolling. Under these circumstances, students will not be eligible for a refund of fees.
Student Code of Behaviour
All students of AFA Asia are expected to behave in a way that represents themselves and AFA Asia in
a professional manner whilst studying online and during practical placement.
All students are expected to:
- Observe all policies and procedures of AFA Asia (and host facilities during work experience
- Act in a manner that does not bring AFA Asia into disrepute.
- Not engage in behaviour which could be considered threatening, harassing, intimidating,
discriminative, offensive, bullying or abusive in any way.
- Respect the privacy, rights and dignity of other students and AFA Asia personnel.
- Communicate with other students and AFA Asia personnel via appropriate channels and in a
respectful, courteous and appropriate manner.
- Submit their own work.
- Refrain from creating, contributing or participating in communications related to their
qualification (such as forum discussions, social media groups/pages and websites) that are
not authorised by AFA Asia.
- Use the online learner management system (LMS) appropriately, engaging in honest and
respectful behaviour and communication.
- Adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Practical Placement Agreement for Work Experience
during periods of practical placement work experience.
Incidents of serious misconduct will amount to exclusion from your course. In this instance, no
refund will be given and outstanding instalments on course fees will be payable.